baby, i can promise you that by the time that we get through, the world will never ever be the same...

...and we're to blame

Monday, March 17, 2008

Wait until it comes on TBS next year...




We went to go see 10,000 B.C. Saturday night with Brian and Tammy Harrison for Tammy's birthday along with 2 other couples they know from college. We had a great dinner at La Parilla and were fortunate enough to miss the tornados on Friday and Saturday. We went to the theater in Atlantic Station for the first time. We had both seen the previews for the movie (you can too at http://movies.aol.com/movie/10000-bc/23948/main) and it looked really cool from those. We had planned on seeing it for about 2 weeks. Well, let's just say that I was never scared, it wasn't suspenseful and I laughed...A LOT. I think that either middle schoolers or perhaps very confused screen writers wrote this movie because the timeline was all over the place. To begin with, let's just pretend for a minute that 10,000 B.C. was a year...that's a whole other debate in itself...I know. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that in 10,000 B.C. there was no metal so I'm not sure how they would have come up with the sword that one of the men had. I'm also pretty sure that they didn't build the Pyramids in said year, nor did they use Wolly Mamoths to do so. I was pretty bummed that there were no camels. There was however a saber tooth tiger (see movie poster) and a couple of giant ostriches. More pictures and videos can be found at http://www.10000bcmovie.com/. I was very disappointed when there were no dinosaurs...I thought I saw that one coming but they never did. The most outrageous thing about the movie is that it began in what appeared to be the Himalayas or something because they traversed through the "great mountains" that were covered in snow. After a few days walk, they were in a rain forest, and then a couple days later, a desert. Now I'm not sure where this movie is thought to take place but maybe they are going for the Pangaea theory and all land is connected together or something. I know, I know, it's fiction and I'm fine with that. But this was overkill on the cheese factor so all of these other points just made the movie a flop. I won't give away for any of you that want to spend $10 on the movie but let's just say that the ending is really what made it hilarious. I'm not sure if they were going for the Braveheart "actually could have happened thing" or the Lord of the Rings "fantasy" thing. Either way, I don't think they got it. I would like to hear what you thought about it...

1 comment:

Wolfgers said...

I miss your commentary.
Wasn't it you and Kelly who did the olympics narrations?