baby, i can promise you that by the time that we get through, the world will never ever be the same...

...and we're to blame

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Travels

We are leaving next Wednesday morning to go to Wilmington for Thanksgiving. I'm always excited to go back for holidays because the time always involves eating really delicious food with reckless abandonment. Here's what I've been assured is on the menu:
Oyster Roast
Stuffed Flounder with fresh crab meat picked out by Nana and DeDaddy
Crab Legs
Collards

I'm sure there will be many other delicious traditional feasts for the season. At least our families don't have the big meal on the same day so we get two straight days of a picnic table full of food. YES!

Also, I was promised the following to bring back:
Collards
Homemade Pickles
Hot Pepper Vinegar
Homemade pepper relish

'Tis the season to be Merry!! (well that's my name)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love that your thanksgiving menu features coastal cuisine. very fitting. hope you enjoy your break!

Lex said...

Yes, I'm always happy to have seafood when we're near the sea! Especially when you know the person that caught the food you eat :)