baby, i can promise you that by the time that we get through, the world will never ever be the same...

...and we're to blame

Friday, September 19, 2008

Interesting Article...

My friend Andy posted this article as well but I'd like some input from my readers. This small article tucked away in the Atlanta Journal Constitution has sparked many comments on a controversial topic. I'll let you read the article about the Southern Baptist Convention and some of the posted comments.

http://www.ajc.com/living/content/living/stories/2008/09/18/gospel_magazine_pulled.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab#comments

As someone who grew up in a Cooperative Baptist Church which broke away from the SBC, it's difficult for me to understand why they are so against women preachers. There is one comment that I did find very interesting:

By walter
Sep 19, 2008 7:25 AM
Soooooo, Southern Baptist Convention will support Sarah Palin to be the President of the United States but won't support a woman to be a Pastor?

Comments? Thoughts?

1 comment:

Dan said...

This kind of stuff makes me so mad, and also ashamed.

Hope you and Wes are doing great! Look for Oxford on TV next week--it's going to be a madhouse around here.