baby, i can promise you that by the time that we get through, the world will never ever be the same...

...and we're to blame

Monday, February 4, 2008

Let's hear it for the underdog!


I have to admit, I married a football loving man. When we were dating during the 2004 NFL season, I spent Sunday afternoons on a couch or in Wild Wing Cafe watching and learning NFL football. Four seasons later, I love it too. I love how excited about sports we get as humans. And even more, I love when the underdog wins. Since they made it to the playoffs, I have been a closet Giants fan because I wanted Eli to shine in the same brightness that his older brother has for so long. I'm really happy for him and for the Manning family. I can only imagine how proud Mrs. Manning is of her boys. I think it's cute how Peyton was there and how excited he was when Eli threw the winning touchdown. It's good to know that the 2 touchdown underdog can win. It's good to know that we can prevail. And it's also good to know that sometimes, 14-6 is better than 18-1.

1 comment:

Katie said...

VERY well said! Love it!