baby, i can promise you that by the time that we get through, the world will never ever be the same...

...and we're to blame

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Job Security...I think

I've been a little worried lately because my boss is leaving our division of Honeywell. Also because many parts of our company are moving to India...don't get me started. Basically, since our merger, my boss's position is no longer needed. As of today, I am his executive assistant and report to him for approvals, goals, etc but also support everyone else in my office and six outside sales people. Everyone around here knows that my boss is going to be out of here soon but everyone has been walking around on eggshells for me because we didn't really know what that would entail for me. Today, the US Sales Director for an entire division of Honeywell called my direct line and asked me to do a few things for him. We chatted a while and he also basically asked me if I have everything I need to support the people I support. A call from higher up than my boss is a good thing, right?

Here's to keeping a job!

No comments: