baby, i can promise you that by the time that we get through, the world will never ever be the same...

...and we're to blame

Friday, October 3, 2008

From another blog

Well, last night it was made clear (I've only read it, not heard one of the candidates actually utter the words) that the McCain/Palin ticket will be taxing us on company provided health insurance. Wow! Now, I know that many people are Republicans because they are really wealthy or really conservative and that's all fine and dandy but aren't there conservatives who work 8 - 5 just like I do? My company pays about $150 a month for my health plan (I pay the difference), that's $1,860 a year that I've never been taxed on but would be should they win. When I worked at Dockside, they paid for ALL my insurance! There's no way I could have paid the taxes on that. $5,000 allowance will barely cover Wes and me, two healthy 20 somethings...let alone if we had children.

"The disturbing truth about John McCain's healthcare plan"
By Christopher Hass

Following the conclusion of tonight's debate, Obama-Biden Campaign Spokesman Bill Burton said the following:

Tonight, the American people heard the disturbing truth about John McCain’s healthcare plan: that while he would offer tax credits to help families pay for insurance, he would pay for them by taxing health care benefits for the first time in history. The McCain healthcare tax would come directly out of your pockets, but the tax credit would go directly to the insurance companies. It’s an old Washington bait and switch: he gives you a tax credit with one hand, but raises your taxes with the other. Barack Obama’s healthcare plan will cut costs, lower premiums for the average family by as much as $2,500, and provide affordable, accessible health insurance for every American.

Learn the three facts that everyone should know about John McCain's healthcare plan.

***

Now, I know that many of you are voting with the GOP candidate and you probably heard things last night that you can't understand from the Democratic ticket, but this is a biggie for me.

No comments: