baby, i can promise you that by the time that we get through, the world will never ever be the same...

...and we're to blame

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Lettuce in a bag

A couple of weekends ago, my Mom and sister came to visit and one night, we went to the grocery store to get some food for dinner. We bought a rotisserie chicken, some salad fixings and baking potatoes. Once we got home, we put everything in the fridge because it was too early to eat. Well, after some time, Mom and I started pulling things out to prepare our meal. I pulled out the bag of lettuce that we bought and staring at me in the face was this:


(Ironically enough sitting right on top of "no preservatives"...yea, ok!)

Anyway, of course I freaked and then we kinda laughed and I was just glad that I noticed it BEFORE we opened the bag. My sister brought it back to the grocery store to get our money back and apparently, the employee just said, "Oh...sorry". It makes me think they've seen this before...

6 comments:

Melanie said...

That is disgusting!

Lex said...

I KNOW!! I haven't been able to bring myself to buy this lettuce again but I have to get over it...that can't happen twice can it????

Andy said...

i just had lunch and I think I'm about to lose it!! Wow. So was it Kroger or Publix?

Melanie said...

i usually buy a head of lettuce but I'm making tacos tonight so i bought the shredded bag of lettuce. you can bet your a** that i'll be inspecting that bag for anything suspicious.

Lex said...

It was at Krog...que triste...they're my favorite

MereMere said...

I definitely didn't have to fight them about getting the money back!